Connor and life after

This blog was originally intended to keep family and friends updated on what was happening with our appointments during my pregnancy with Connor. Unfortunately it is now about dealing with my grief, and the very long journey it is taking me on. This blog is now a way for me to hash out those feelings and emotions as raw and as horrible as they can be. If you are going to be offended by them and take things personally then please stop reading now and allow me to continue on my journey and respect my need to grieve. Thanks so much for your support.

Connor Maxwell 8th - 9th October 2009

Writing Connor's Name

I have seen other babyloss mama's do this on their blog and it is such a beautiful way to remember their lost loved ones. So I have something I would like to ask no matter where you are around the country or around the world. If you think of us and Connor, would you write his name? It can be written in so many ways, in the sand, out of nursery blocks, in snow or ice, out of sticks or leaves or any other imaginative way that you can think of. Take a photo of it and email it to me at c_m_sartain@hotmail.com and I will post it in the blog. Thank you so much xxx




Photobucket
from Connor's Aunty Lizzie, South Australia

Photobucket
from Kristy, Western Australia

Photobucket
from Jo, in Adelaide, South Australia

Photobucket
from Mel, South Australia

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
from Fleur, Carnarvon, Western Australia

Photobucket
from Laura, New South Wales

Photobucket
from Hayley, Victoria

Photobucket
from Kirra, Western Australia

Photobucket
from Jules, New South Wales

Photobucket
from Demelza, Alice Springs

Photobucket
from The Barlow Family, Victoria

Photobucket
from Pauline, Western Australia

Photobucket
from Deb, Victoria

Photobucket
from Caz & Flynn, Northern Territory

Photobucket
from Jenni, Central Queensland

Photobucket
from Roxanne, NSW

Photobucket
from Leigh, Queensland

Photobucket
from Lindy in Zanzibar, Africa

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just can't get enough









Its been over 7 weeks since our precious Reuben arrived, and to put it simply...we just cant get enough of him. The kids fight over him and push each other out of the way to get his attention and win a smile, its crazy! I seem to relish the time I spend with him day and night, nothing is too much trouble. People ask me if he is a good sleeper and I always answer with "Yes....in my arms!" And I usually have a big smile on my face. Only thing is my neck is getting a bit sore from staring at him in my arms all the time. I have found the last 7 weeks have flown by. He is smiling all the time now and is gaining so much weight. I seem to be feeding him constantly and am quite busy with the older two running from kindy drop offs and pick ups to various appointments, and also...dare I say it, squeezing in shopping as well. Shopping with the 3 kids seems to be quite a novelty for the general public, which usually leads to the enevitable hurt. Last weeks grocery shop went smoothly with Reuben in the carrier, the almost 3 year old in the shopping trolley and the charming 5 year old given the job of following instructions and collecting items off the shelf for me and putting it in the shopping trolley. Worked a treat! Only we got comments from a few old busy bodies "Oh you have your hands full dont you?". Then one man said after the usual "You have your hands full" that I didnt leave much gap between kids......I just shot him a fake smile and walked away, whilst I was really tearing up inside. There is a gap....a BIG one! I notice the gap every day between Isla and Reuben. Its one that leaves me with so many questions - if Connor WAS here, would Reuben be here? If Connor was here...then MAYBE my hands would really be full after all. I dont know? Its a real mine field....it still makes me sad and is really doing my head in at times. We are so in love with Reuben, and he has brought us and will continue to bring us so much happiness....but everyday we still miss our little guy Connor and having another baby after one dies certainly doesnt replace or fill that gap by any means, nor did we expect it too.
I have so much more to say but have not had much time over the last few weeks and have to cut tonights post short as we are celebrating our little Miss's 3rd birthday tomorrow. I still cant believe she is 3, such a joy and yet such a rascal all rolled into one! She really does keep me busy.
And lastly, I've added some pics of the last few weeks for an update

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the comment on my blog. I am so sorry about your precious Connor and that you didn't get any special photos of him. Breaks my heart every time I hear a parent say that. We get so little as it is.
    Also, congratulations on your latest arrival. What a blessing for your family.
    With love.
    Sally
    xo

    ReplyDelete